Friday, July 9, 2010

Bikes, Spiders, and Bedtime

We had a couple adventures today.  

First we went to home depot this afternoon to buy materials for a bike rack.  We didn't want to spend $400 for a rack that attaches to the back of the bed.  And also wanted something much simpler.  Sergio found these cool mounting blocks at Dick's Sporting Goods for $25 each that he attached to the truck with a piece of metal for a rail.  Hardware and rail, $13.  Normally you bolt the blocks to the floor bed of the truck, but we didn't want to drill holes into the floor.  The top perimeter of our truck bed already has screw holes for rails and attachments.  And to mount the bike you just remove the front tire.  So easy.    

First mount done.  One more to install.  

After Sergio was finished with this project he then attached Hannah's child seat to my bike.  While he was in the garage doing that I noticed spiders in between things, and just dirt and some pine needles all over the garage floor.  Since Hannah was still down for a nap, I decided to give the garage a good sweep.  First I tackled a web under an open box flap.  When I looked under I could see a brown widow, so Sergio bravely lifted the flap and squished her.  Just grouse.  Then in the front corner near the big garage door, I swept out a big pile of debri and webs, along with a BIGGGGGG ugly black widow.  With the first sweep the broom brought her outside, she quickly propped up to run away, but I swept her again trying to stop her, and also wanted Sergio to see her before she was squished.  That time the broom had flipped her over.  Her back was so big that she couldn't flip back over.  Helpless with her legs wiggling in the air, Sergio took his sandal with one smack, a little drag across the cement and bye bye spider.  May she rest in peace, and I sleep better at night.  I really don't want to know how many more are lurking in dark places of the garage.  

We finally found Hannah a helmet, so we were able to go on our first family bike ride.  We just went around the neighborhood.  I wish I could have seen her face while she was riding.  Sergio said she loved it.  And she actually likes her helmet too.       

Ready to go
   

Finally found a use for this shelf, and there's even a spot on top for 1 more.

When we came home we started getting Hannah ready for bed.  I had laid her PJs out, and she picked them up, then walked them over to Sergio.  Sergio was laying on her rug, so Hannah plopped them on his belly.  When he didn't do anything she then picked them up again, and repeated till he got the hint she wanted to change for bedtime.  And of course making us giggle.  After she changed, it was Bible story time.  Usually I put her straight to bed after her story, but she crawled off my lap from the rocking chair and over to Sergio.  So then we were all playing around on the floor.  Sergio eventually fell asleep and Hannah started cuddling the rug, so I put her to bed.  I tried to wake Sergio but he didn't even stir.  I gave them each a kiss, turned off the light, and closed the door.  Since I've been down here writing I can hear  her talking, and a couple times pounding her crib on the wall (her new thing to do), as all the pictures along the staircase shake.  Looks like an earthquake from where I'm sitting.  I wish I could sleep as soundly as him.  I'm just imagining her curious face watching and talking to him, trying to wake her Daddy, as she's confused to why he is asleep on her floor.  A moment where I wish I had one of those video baby monitors.  I'm sure I'd be cracking up.

And I just wanted to share these cute clothe hangar dividers I found at the Coast Guard Exchange.  They have sticker labels that match for your organization style: type of clothing article, size, and even day of week.  
      






1 comment:

  1. So cute! I loved it all! I'm jealous you can write an entire blog without a grammar mistake, lol. I seem to find one everytime I read through mine. It seems like you and the blog world are melding quite nicely together!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

Family is my life. I'm a stay at home mom to Hannah, and wife to a wonderful Naval Aviator.