Sunday, July 25, 2010

Home Sweet Home, California

I'm starting to get the itch to return to Ca. Unfortunately, it's not up to us.  The earliest we'll move won't be till Spring. Still, knowing it's a possibility and not far off, only makes me long that much more for home. We've started to look at rentals in San Diego to get an idea of what to expect.  And we will be having to downsize.  You just can't get the same square footage and expensive taste in toys for the price.  Sergio will also have to commute but that's just the Navy's fault for putting their base on an island that requires you to cross a scary bridge.  I'd rather not have to cross it all the time, and even if I was willing to, well Coronado is just unaffordable.  That all being said, we still want to go back.  We miss our family and friends dearly.   And well there really is no place like it.  To some people downsizing or paying more for the equivalent is not worth it, but to us it is.  We love the amenities, endless availability of restaurants and stores.  It's naturally beautiful and it's aesthetically pretty.  Virginia beach is pretty, but flat flat flat.  And there's so many trees that it blocks any possible view.  The trees may be green here, but the grass is well dead.  I miss those thick, luscious green lawns.  I miss having the cliffside coasts.  If I want to go to the beach, dessert, mountains, valleys it's all only within a couple hours drive.  Don't get me wrong I'm content with where we live, and have found some treasures here that I will miss.  We've been very fortunate and blessed on our journey.  But I'm only human and will long for home when it's dangled in front of me.                

3 comments:

  1. Awww! I understand! Getting out to the beach satiated a lot of that craving I was experiencing as well! Being from the Bay Area, enjoying the beach, still wasn't a normal occurace (at least not in the "dig your feet in the sand" -type mind set). I miss the food, culture, weather... all of it! I hope you guys are able to get out there as you're wanting!

    P.S. Thanks for the sweet words in your last blog! We had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand Heather. Going back to the Bay Area in May just reminded me how much I really miss my California home. Georgia has it benefits, but Mike and I are definitely considering moving back to Northern California at some point in the near future. I just long for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. I met 2 ladies last night from Ca. And they both would like to return again too. Just where our heart is.

    I hope you and Mike move back to Ca, Simone.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

Family is my life. I'm a stay at home mom to Hannah, and wife to a wonderful Naval Aviator.