Monday, July 26, 2010

1st Swim Lesson

Hannah had her first swim lesson this morning.  She was a bit groggy from napping in the car, so when we got in the pool she wasn't as excited as I'd hoped.  First she just clung to me like a little star fish. The goal of the first day was mainly getting the babies and toddlers comfortable in the water.  They had various water toys to make it fun, and stands that allowed the babies to stand freely while playing in the pool.  Hannah was not at all interested in the stand.  She found a blue fish that she liked and hugged him while holding on to me.  Not too far into the lesson she finally stretched out her body so she could float while I held on to her under the arms.  We were also learning to blow bubbles in the water.  Which Hannah was determined to do.  And just that she did.  I knew she'd catch on because she has always been fascinated with making noises and things with her mouth.  Like, she likes to move her finger up and down her lips to make noises.  We were also working on kicking her feet.  She was becoming more comfortable, but started unpleasantly grunting and squawking.  She was quite loud out of the bunch.  The instructor was going around checking on everyone, and just playing with the kids.  When he came by and saw Hannah blowing bubbles and kicking her feet, he was impressed and said that she already learned the hardest part.  I was very proud of her.  Eventually she replaced the fish with a ball she was throwing in the water, while we chased after it.  By the end of the lesson I was able to stretch my arms all the way out while still holding on to her, and she didn't mind.  I think we had a great first day.  Hopefully Daddy will be able to come watch one of her lessons this week, and maybe get some photos.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Family is my life. I'm a stay at home mom to Hannah, and wife to a wonderful Naval Aviator.