Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Just Another Day

Today was a busy day, but a great one.  The day started as usual.  Hannah enjoyed breakfast and roaming about the house.  At breakfast, I asked her a question and she actually nodded yes, instead of no.  Then gave me a couple more nods.  So we now know how to nod.  But she still gives me more shakes than nods.  Sergio didn't have to go in till 10am, so I was able to sleep in on the couch for an extra hour while he made sure Hannah stayed out of trouble.  Hannah is now switching to one nap a day, so today from about 12-2 I had free time.  I went out front to take the trash out, and decided to open the garage looking for a broom to sweep some dirt off the walk way.  I saw our big red clippers hanging on the wall and decided while I was at it I would do some trimming.  I went a little crazy with the clippers and clipped just about everything.  Even the trees.  They were just hanging to low.  I'm finding yard work in the summer is actually kind of therapeutic.  Something about the heat makes you feel like you accomplished even more.

I had figured since Sergio went in later, he'd be home later.  To my surprise he was home a little after 1.  After Hannah woke from her nap we enjoyed hanging out in the tree house, our room above the garage.  Sergio was rocking out on his guitar.  An activity Hannah throughly enjoys.  She likes to help Daddy with the sound board.  They started playing together back in Texas.  If I take her back downstairs to the other side of the house, she immediately turns around, walks across the house, and crawls right up the stairs to Daddy.  She just loves it up there.  Another Daddy, Hannah favorite I learned today is Captain Crunch.  Apparently they eat Captain Crunch Berries together, and Hannah eats the colored berries first then the regular ones.     

Afterwards we went out shopping.  When we leave the house now, Hannah brings a friend with her.  Today she brought a little bunny.  While we were driving along we could hear her talking to him.  When I would look back she would be holding him up to her face babbling away.  Just too cute.  

We checked out a bike I like, but still want to try a few others.  Then made our way to the thrift store.  Found a great pair of Stride Rites barely worn for $2.50.  Hannah will grow into them for later, but new they are $40.  So I was super stoked.  Then we checked out one of our many malls.  They had a little play area that Hannah just loved.  She crawled through the tunnels and up the bridge.  The bridge I will admit made me a bit nervous, but she was so proud.    

Sergio is going to be playing guitar for the youth worship band at church, so tonight he had his first practice.  Hannah and I watched.  After practice we stayed for the youth bible study, and Hannah went to the children's room where she listened to bible stories, played and colored.  They showed me her coloring page when I went to get her.  All the colored dots were Hannah's.  Such a proud mommy.  

2 comments:

  1. Awwww... a glimpse into the daily life of Hannah (and parents)... precious! I was planning to do a post just like this for Claire this week. Great minds think alike ;). I loved yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LoL, thanks. Ya it's one of those posts that's not very exciting, but those things I'll forget if I don't write them down. Especially since no day is a like with Hannah or Sergio's schedule. Can't wait to read Claire's.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

Family is my life. I'm a stay at home mom to Hannah, and wife to a wonderful Naval Aviator.