Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day Weekend

Sergio came home early on Friday and kicked me out of the house.  My response, mommy time what is that, I don't know what to go do?  His, he didn't care what I did, just go.  So I handed Hannah over, and made sure everything was in order for her.  I've only been without Hannah a handful of times.  A couple doctor's appointments, Sergio's CQ and winging parties, a date night last December, and once in February to get my hair done.  I do have many opportunities for Sergio to watch her, but when he's home I like to be together as a family.  I forget to treat myself I guess.  So I hopped in my car, clueless of what to do.  To be honest it's weird having an empty back seat, and no child to get in and out of the car, put in a stroller or shopping cart.  To not worry about snack and sippy cups, actually to only have a phone, wallet, keys, and lip gloss in my purse (and a small purse that is).  I told Sergio I'd make a run to the post office (yes this is supposed to be mommy time, but I didn't know what to do).  As I headed towards the post office, I decided for a change of plans and that yes there is something I would like, a pedicure.  Tomorrow is the first day of summer and my birthday, so I decided why not start this weekend off with pretty summery toes.  I can take Hannah just about anywhere I like to go except two places the movie theatre and the nail salon.  She's not old enough to sit through a movie yet, so I haven't been since I was 7 months pregnant (point of time in which it became too uncomfortable sitting for long periods of time while pregnant).  And nail salons have a lot of chemicals that Hannah can breathe in and concern me.  My concern was validated Friday, when I noticed warning signs the salon posted about children for this very reason.  After getting a pedicure I walked over to TJ Maxx, but first checked in with Sergio to make sure everything was good on the home front.  Hannah and him were getting ready to go running (Sergio running, Hannah strolling).  I did a little purse shopping while at TJ Maxx, and of course bought something for my little girl.  I don't know if I ever can just shop for myself.  As relaxing as my mommy time was, I missed my girl and was so excited to see her and Daddy waiting for me on the drive way when I pulled up.  I immediately pulled out my new purse and her dress to show her.

Yesterday we started the day off slow with soccer and So You Think You Can Dance.  Then in the afternoon we went to the Virginia State Aquarium.  Sergio and I love going to aquariums.  I can never get enough of sea life.   When we lived in Corpus Christi we took Hannah a couple times.  Then she could not walk so she hung on my hip in her sling.  This time she was all over the place.  At times she was trying to climb the rocks to see the reptiles, and other times, trying to climb the wall to swim with the fish and sting rays.  (Disclaimer, the following pictures have not been edited since my photo editor had the day off, something about a day for dads ;) but wanted to share anyways).

First stop at the aquarium was this giant, and I mean GIANT, lizard. 
Hannah was so captivated that she cried when it was time to move on.  I would have let her look longer, but people were starting to line up.  
This is Hannah and Daddy in the lizard's looking hole.  A view she enjoyed.  She especially enjoyed the tunnel she walked and daddy crawled through to get into the hole.  

Then there was the fish tunnel.  You could just see her mind at work while she watched.


I love her pointing at the fish in this picture.

This was the sting ray touch pool.
And Hannah not only wanted to touch but also swim.

Dun-duh, Dun-duh,Dun-duh...
Daddy and Hannah were eaten by jaws.  Mommy's worse nightmare.

Playing peek-a-boo with Hubert while on the nature trail.

At the end of the nature trail was the aviary.
Not only does Hannah love bathing with ducks, singing, and reading about ducks, she loves watching them.  There were all kinds of birds, but the ducks were her favorite.  



Today we had a wonderful Father's Day.  Sergio went for a bike ride with a riding group, while Hannah and I slept in.  Then when he came home we had breakfast and daddy opened his cards and gift.  We then went to church.  Enjoyed an awesome service followed by brunch at Pop's Diner and Co.  Best pancakes I've ever had, I must say.  After brunch Sergio and Hannah napped.  Then we went to a BBQ at another pilot's home.  While there Hannah was playing with their 6 year old son.  The site of our little princess playing with basketballs, trucks, and Buzz Light Year made Daddy's day.  I told him to enjoy while it lasted because that would be the last time.  I think someone needs a boy.  Till that's determined, here's Daddy and his princess.  

        
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!  We love you very much!

Click the link below to watch a very touching Father's Day video from church.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0k1PCJmXBg







No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Family is my life. I'm a stay at home mom to Hannah, and wife to a wonderful Naval Aviator.