Friday, June 25, 2010

25

Birthdays. Another year older.  I don't usually stop to think about an upcoming birthday.  But this year I did.  25 is by no means old, but at least for me it's a time in my life that I feel like I'm a "grown up".  Graduating from college, getting married, and having a baby should have made me feel just that.  I had adult responsibilities but they were new experiences and felt surreal at the time.  Your early 20s are a time of transition.  As I sit here and watch Hannah play, Oski on the floor asleep, and the hubby at work my life is exactly as I pictured.  God has truly blessed me over the past 25 years.  My prayer is to continue to use those blessings wisely to glorify him.

So what did we do to celebrate the occasion.  We started with Sergio's squadron's beach bash.  We don't have any pictures as we were having too much fun playing in the ocean.  Hannah is such a beach baby.  She may have been born in the south, but I passed on the California girl to her.  It's just in her nature.  The best birthday present I could ask for were the dolphins swimming off the shore.  They were so close you could swim out there if you wanted.  And there were so many, they just kept coming.  It was the picturesque vision of God's beautiful creations.  Hannah and Sergio napped while I talked to my mommy on the phone.  Love you Mom!!! Then we went to dinner at Olive Garden and sung Happy Birthday at home.




Hannah went to bed, and our friends Julie and Adrian babysat while Sergio and I went to see Toy Story 3.  Yes we went to see a kids movie for our time away from Hannah.  But we had heard so many great reviews, that it seemed the best choice.  Plus I mentioned in my last post I hadn't been to the movies since I was 7 months pregnant, and I've never seen this new 3-D technology.  The movie was well worth it.  Such a great movie.  LOVED it!!!  I will say though going to the movies has changed and become more complicated since I had last been.  While I was looking up movie times there were three different options.  Toy Story 3, digital 3-D, or IMAX 3-D.  I'd heard of 3-D and IMAX 3-D but didn't realize they were not one and the same.  The IMAX experience didn't fit into our time frame, so we went to the digital.  It was an interesting experience.  The 3-D makes the quality better, but after awhile you don't even notice that it's 3-D.  Just sort of blends nicely.  It would be interesting to see a non-animated movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Family is my life. I'm a stay at home mom to Hannah, and wife to a wonderful Naval Aviator.