Monday, June 14, 2010

C-2 Greyhound and More

Today Sergio selected his plane the C-2 Greyhound.

The photos were taken at an air show in March.

By now my family and friends know explaining how the Navy and selection process works is complicated.  To simplify what this news means at this point in time, Sergio will be flying the C-2 for at least the next 4 years.  He begins his training on Monday.  Once Sergio completes his training and qualifications in the aircraft, approximately next spring, he will be assigned to a fleet  squadron in either San Diego, Japan, or where we currently are.  And we'll be there for 3 years.  That's the next 4 years in a nut shell.   

A cute moment of the day I do not want to forget: Maverick was outside waiting to come in.  Hannah walked over to the backdoor and reached up for the knob to let him in.  As helpful as she was being, fortunately she is not tall enough to actually open the door yet.  Not ready to baby proof doors, and worry about an escaping toddler.  And while I'm sharing about Hannah and Maverick here are some cute pictures I keep meaning to post.  

2 comments:

  1. Adorable! And that is a massive aircraft... wowsa. I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is massive, and he has to land it on an aircraft carrier. Thought jets were hard to land. LoL. Sergio informed me yesterday, he'll be flying the new model. The pics I posted are the old model. So it'll have some upgrades to it. One being it'll have 8 blades versus 4 on the propels and a glass cockpit. Not to sure how much different the rest of the body is. He's excited about that.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

Family is my life. I'm a stay at home mom to Hannah, and wife to a wonderful Naval Aviator.