Friday, October 29, 2010

Scrapbook to Artwork

I've been tweaking different parts of the house, including the family room.  Since we rent I can't paint the walls, change the brick on the fireplace, or color of the woodwork.  Between the couch, curtains, fireplace, and woodwork there is just too much red and brown tones.  Not too mention this house doesn't get a lot of sunlight.  I've been wanting to add a splash of color to brighten and liven up the room, because it's dark and drowning.  I've been on the look out all summer for the perfect touches.  For a little sneak peak...here's an easy way to add inexpensive artwork using scrapbook paper.

Before

These two frames are just adding to the overwhelming red and browns in the room.  One is an espresso, the other a mahogony brown.  First I painted both frames black.  Then I cut out and framed two sections of the scrapbook paper ($0.79) I chose.  Now I have a splash of color that makes a bolder statement while being classic and elegant.  
After

Look out for future posts as I make simple changes to transform the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Family is my life. I'm a stay at home mom to Hannah, and wife to a wonderful Naval Aviator.