Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween Treat Bucket

For Halloween I want Hannah to have a treat bucket that will match her costume.  A girl must always have matching accessories.  This week I was on a mission to find one.  I did find a couple online, but it was too late to order.  Nor did I want to spend a lot of money.  Everything in stores was pumpkins, skulls, and ghosts.  So I bought a jack-o-lantern bucket at Target for a $1.  Pictured below (modeled by Hannah).


I then used acrylic paints I already had to transform it.  The face was already part of the plastic molding, so I couldn't just cover it up.  As you can see, even though I painted the teeth, they still show from the molding.  Which isn't ideal, but hey it only cost me a $1.  After a few coats of red, black polka dots,  eyelashes and some bows (from ribbon I also already had) we have a Miss Lady Bug.


You could also use felt to glue wings on or put a cute little red and black tutu skirt around it.  Which would help to cover that giant pumpkin grin.  But being resourceful, I used what I already had.   

By the way ladies, all those ribbons that come on baby packaging, DON'T throw them away.  I've found so many great projects to use them for, including the bows for this one.  And makes for extra special sentiment in a nursery, knowing that the ribbon was part of a gift baby may have received.  Like  Hannah has letters above her crib that are hung from satin ribbon that was tied around a gift we received.  And her curtain ties, were from ribbon that came with a blanket packaging.   


1 comment:

Followers

About Me

Family is my life. I'm a stay at home mom to Hannah, and wife to a wonderful Naval Aviator.