Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Hall of Frame

I'm addicted to following the blog Young House Love. It's about a couple who are DIYing their home. The blog began with their first home, which they have since sold. They are now working on their second home. They post every project, whether big or small. Recently they posted about hanging frames in one of their hallways.

I like to call it the hall of frame, and I've fallen in LOVE with it.

They posted awhile back that they might do something like this. They shared pictures of it done in other people's homes. Truth be told I wasn't too smitten about it. I thought it was interesting, but really didn't care for it. I don't know if it's the way they did it in particular. Maybe the white frames against the grey walls, the console table, or maybe the extra wide hallway (who doesn't love that wide hallway), but I'm loving it.

I'm gushing and dreaming of doing this when we move. I don't think I'll go as far as doing it on all the walls (see the template frame cutouts taped on the walls). I love the combination of photographs, artwork, documents, and objects. What I especially love is that I have a lot of photos, art pieces, and even sentimental objects that I never know where to put. They usually don't fit in in any one particular room. We've begun to collect quite the collection of photos with our camera, and this allows us to display them without feeling like it has to fit in with the room decor. Best of all, even Sergio likes it! Who else wants a Hall of Frame to showcase things that make your heart smile? Photos from http://www.younghouselove.com/2011/03/the-hallway-full-monty/ Sent from my iPad

3 comments:

  1. Aww... the pics didn't show for me :(. Excited to see what you're looking at! Loved your recent posts! I saw them from my phone and wasn't really able to comment, but SO enjoyed reading them! The pictures look great and congratulations on the NEW camera!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about that. I knew that they weren't showing when I posted it from my ipad last night, but didn't want to come downstairs to fix it. Finally got to it. Enjoy!...We are excited about our new camera addition. I was against switching platforms, but I have to admit Sergio was right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this wall! What a great way to display your stuff in a decorative way.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

Family is my life. I'm a stay at home mom to Hannah, and wife to a wonderful Naval Aviator.