Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Decorating for Easter

You may have noticed some Easter stuff in my Michael's/Target picture I posted. While looking online for Easter decoration ideas I came across these on marthastewart.com.
While at Michael's I had these branch arrangements on my list. After picking out ornaments I was searching around the store for branches. Then I realized, why would I buy branches when I have a whole yard full. When I came home I looked around the yard at branches that had already fallen, and didn't see any that would work. I went inside and grabbed our hand saw. Back outside I searched around for the perfect branch, and sawed away. And now here is our Easter tree, or Easter Charlie Brown tree as Sergio calls it.
I didn't mean for it to be so large. I just wanted an Easter arrangement to center on our kitchen peninsula that divides the kitchen and living room. When it turned out so big, I thought about putting it on the fireplace where I normally have a white orchid in the same pot. However the branches blended with the red brick, and it was just too large for the fireplace. So it's home for the month of April is next to the fire place, where the branches pop against the white walls.
Hannah loves to look at the ornaments. Here's a little story I emailed to my parents and sister-in-law the other day:
A few of the egg ornaments have flowers on them. Hannah started saying flower a few days before making the tree. While she was looking at the ornaments she was pointing at the flower egg saying, "flower". I said, "yes, those are flowers...very good...". Then she was saying it again later, but this time pointing to a plain egg. I told her, "no that's an egg...this egg has flowers on it, and this one is just a pink egg". When Sergio came home, I told him, "I think I taught our daughter an egg is a flower," lol. Today she was doing the same thing except after pointing to the flower egg saying flower, then pointing to the plain egg saying flower, she pointed to the butterflies and called them flowers. So apparently, I taught Hannah that all bright colored things on branches are flowers, lol. Maybe by Easter she will have it figured out.
I also made a wreath from some garland I bought 1/2 off at Michaels. Love sales!
The colorful tea light holders and little chick I bought from Target's $1/2.50 section.
It may be cold outside but we are enjoying the spring cheer on the inside.
Here's a message from Hannah:
desccbcbbbbcccbcbhbchbhb vvvvnvbnvvhnbvncvbvbbbvbvbvbvbvbbvvbgvcvc bcvc cv cv cc cv v c vb bgbbbbv b bbbb nnnj t yut uujtuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh b bbb b vvk vc m m c v b m b m mb nnnnn mnmmnmnmnnnn

1 comment:

  1. I love the Easter decorations.

    In response to Hannah's Message: Hi Hannah! Your auntie Ayra misses you very much too. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

Family is my life. I'm a stay at home mom to Hannah, and wife to a wonderful Naval Aviator.