Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Goodbye Wallpaper, Hello Wall

The wallpaper is finally gone. The walls are painted. Here's a trip down memory lane and new memories to come.
Move in day.
As a playroom.
We tried to work with the wallpaper, so we didn't have to deal with removing it.
Today!
The owners left paint in the shed, so I chose to use it. Luckily I only had to paint where the wallpaper originally was. If we were staying here I'd have done a color either on top, bottom, or both. Since we are not, we'll leave future paint choices to the owners.
Remember I mentioned cleaning out this shelf. Here's a close up. Makes me smile to have order again. Can't forget to note how cute that sleeping angel is (about 4 weeks old).
Close up of the city skyline canvas I mentioned. Sergio and I have very different taste so when we find something we both like (and only $29.99) it's a definite purchase. On the right are sketches of the 3 airplanes Sergio flew in flight school. A gift I made for his winging. What's a home office without matching degrees framed on the left?
Our little reading (coughsnoozecough) nook. The blue pillows I originally bought for the living room, but when I made over the ottoman they no longer matched so reused here.
The makeover of this room cost only $29.99 and elbow grease. The rest we already owned somewhere in the house or storage bins. The canvas was not originally purchased with the intent of being hung in this room. We bought it because we liked it, but were not sure where we'd house it. So you can decide if the $29.99 for it is part of the makeover cost or not. After our upcoming move we do plan on buying a new desk as I've mentioned before in other posts. What will actually remain in the office, or if we even have a room designated as an office is undetermined at this time. Just fun to change it up in the meantime.

1 comment:

Followers

About Me

Family is my life. I'm a stay at home mom to Hannah, and wife to a wonderful Naval Aviator.