Thursday, January 20, 2011

Back to the Drawing Table

My slipcover came todayand I was so excited to get it on the couch. Opened it up and quickly noticed the directions were for a different slipcover, but figured maybe they use a generic directions. That's exactly what they were, but too generic. After trying to put it on, looking online for better directions (which a few people complained about in the reviews I noticed), and trying to put it on again I finally got it on. Sadly though I just don't like it. It's too big for this loveseat. Notice all the extra fabric gathered on the arms.
I'm sure with some ironing and starch the pleats would look great. Overall though it just wasn't working for us. So back to the drawing board on this one.
Here are a few other purchases to share.
In a past blog I mentioned I found a couple sale items at Joann's Fabric. I found this bird and tray 60% off there. The bird was black, but I painted it white and will be doing the same to the tray.
Still need to finish upholstering the ottoman top. And here's some orchids I found at TJ Maxx for my pot that I painted back at Christmas time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Family is my life. I'm a stay at home mom to Hannah, and wife to a wonderful Naval Aviator.