Sunday, April 3, 2011

Spring Cleaning Continues

I don't want to say spring is finally upon us, because every time I do it leaves. I will say spring cleaning has arrived. I feel like we've slowly been spring cleaning all of 2011. Friday we finally loaded the back of our SUV with our donation pile. Feels wonderful to get rid of stuff!!!
Our grass has started growing in and was getting out of control. The front wasn't too bad, but there were some crazy patches on the side. The back was just ridiculous. I called our gardener 2 weeks ago to resume our bi-monthly schedule now that it's warm enough for grass to grow. Fall through winter no one mows lawns in these parts. Looking forward to year around, full lush green grass. Any ways, I have called him twice. He has called me once saying, no problem they'll be out at the end of the week. Guess what, 2 ends of the weeks have gone by and no gardener. We were not risking another week of a no show. So Sergio mowed and saved us $40, while I raked. Hannah had fun helping me rake and just enjoying the sun.
Hannah's first dandelion wishes.
Love Hannah's adoring expression.
I spy...dirt!?!
Love her little pucker lips!
Water, sticks, and gum balls.
Little busy body spying on the neighbors.
Regal Oski.
They were plotting an escape, while the hubs was using the gate.
Already doing the (Great) Grandma Adams stance . I do it too.
Almost 23 months.
After our yardwork we put our feet up and enjoyed the backyard. Back out front we had one final thing I wanted done. We have a 10 foot stretch on the roof that pine needles collect along. With no ladder we've been ignoring it. Finallywas time to do something. We taped our small rake to a dusting extension rod. Don't judge, as I'm sure our neighbors were. Wish we had pictures of this. Sergio was able to get about a quarter of them down from ground level. Then from Hannah's bedroom window about half of them. So he suggested backing our suv up against the house and standing on top. Brilliant. This part I got to do since I weigh less. Really I just wanted a chance at these pine needles. Success. This some how led to washing the car. After all that, we came inside, turned on Snow White, and fell asleep in a big family pile on the couch. Nothing like a hard days work and a good ole nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Family is my life. I'm a stay at home mom to Hannah, and wife to a wonderful Naval Aviator.