Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Packing Day

I wish I had some pictures to share, but Sergio packed the camera somewhere and is at work.

Today was our big packing day. Or not so big because they are already done. They finished around 1pm. Only took 5 hours! Usually we have three packers, this time only two. They arrived about 8am. I was just starting to unload the dishes when the door bell rang. I woke up at 7:30 while Sergio was putting his flight boots on. Little sleeping beauty was still asleep next to me. I did not want to get up. I realized I didn't even know what time they were coming. Usually they say 8 and come between 8-9, so I figured I better get a movin'. Little sleeping beauty kept sleeping, I hopped in the shower, and Hubs left to work. Thankfully Hannah slept till I was showered, dressed and make up on. Nothing like being in a hurry, with a just waking toddler.

Once they arrived I gave them the house tour. They went straight to work. Hannah and I unloaded the clean dishes and hand washed the pile in the sink. There was no time to run the dishwasher. Then we took the curtains down. They'll take the pictures off the wall but you have to remove the curtains. I loaded the Explorer with our stuff we are driving. Sergio loaded his stuff before leaving, so I only had mine and Hannah's.

A couple tips. If you ever have professional movers, get everything out of the house you are taking, otherwise they will pack it. Including your trash! This next is a time saver. The first time we had professional movers I went through the house boxing everything like batteries, candles, chemicals that are on their do not pack list. Don't do what I did. I quickly learned the second move, they will just set those items aside on your counters. Saves you time and energy. Sometimes they'll even pack it. After they leave you just put it all in a box, or give it away if you don't have anymore space in the car. That will be us this time.

What I wish I had pictures of, Hannah. After we completed my to-do list, we played outside. I have two moments I wish I had the camera for. She put Elmo and Lady (a new ladybug she got from her Auntie Emily) in her wagon. Then she pulled them around the yard. She even made sure they were wearing seat belts. I set aside some of her books for the road. She sat straddled over the side ledge of her jungle gym reading The Nose book. When I looked over and saw her, I got a glimpse of the future. I can already picture her reading and obsessing over books, in her favorite outside reading spot.

I was thrilled the movers packed so quickly, because lunch was approaching and Sergio was at work. I couldn't leave the house till they were done, and we have food but no way to cook. Let the take out commence.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Family is my life. I'm a stay at home mom to Hannah, and wife to a wonderful Naval Aviator.