Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

We began celebrating Valentine's on Friday with none other than roses and chocolates, and watching Charlie St. Cloud. The rest of the weekend Hannah and I lounged around while Sergio studied, studied, and studied.
Our Valentine's was mild, but just as special and full of love. Today was an absolutely gorgeous and WARM day. Sergio had a full schedule and Hannah has a lingering cold, but I did not want to waste weather like this. Some vitamin D and sunshine is exactly what we needed.
Hannah mowing in Style.
Frolicking...
My brown eyed girl...
More frolicking...
My sunshine.
And more frolicking...
Why use the door, when you have a window?
Excitement...
Curiosity...
Bye...
And away she goes.
Hannah and Sergio took a nap while I made a batch of sugar cookies and frosting. After they woke, Hannah and I got our V-day cookie decorating and munching on (note how small that cookie is, a little cookie monster couldn't wait, but still wanted the last couple bites decorated).
All things sweet, romantic, and lovely.
Daddy helping Hannah open her Valentine mail...
Then we enjoyed some Cheesecake Factory take out for dinner, before Daddy had to get his study on.
Before having Hannah our Valentine's were made for movie Valentine's. I'll never forget our first Valentine's in San Francisco, or our second at a little restaurant in Berkeley, a stroll from my apartment. But in honesty I love our family Valentine's more. I love getting to play up the cheesy part of Valentine's with Hannah while still kindling the romance with my husband. It's the small things that melt my heart and put the icing on the Valentine's day cake for me. Amongst the flowers, chocolates, and other gifts the smallest gesture of romance is the lasting...Today I found a coffee mug next to my coffee maker with a love note inside. Since about November I've been searching high and low for the perfect coffee mug. It's pictured in a photo above and on the other side of the mug it says, love. I don't think I could have picked a better one for me. And you bet I enjoyed a delicious cup of Kona in my new mug while baking cookies. Even put a little frosting in it. Mmm...
To many more Valentine's with my 2 beloved Valentine's!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am completely in LOVE with Hannah's Valentine's Day outfit... beyond adorable! Yay for the perfect coffee mug! I found one a couple of years ago after Valentine's that has LOVE scrawled across the front for $1. Definitely my go to mug for tea or coffee at home and makes me incredibly happy :). Excited to hear more on how you're doing!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

Family is my life. I'm a stay at home mom to Hannah, and wife to a wonderful Naval Aviator.