Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Goodbye Wallpaper, Hello Paint

Before:
As my brother said, "1992 called, they want their wallpaper back. Today is all about the cool colors of painted walls".  
My response, "They can't have it. I'm afraid it belongs to 1982."




After:

I wanted a splash of color, but since it is not our home I didn't want to add anything too dramatic that the owners would not like.  But then again they did have wallpaper before.
(I plan on putting flowers in the tumbler)

The bathroom decor came from our master.  The red matches our living room, and I've switched over to blues and browns in the master.  Although I like the browns better in this bathroom, for now I'm just using what I have, since we don't plan on staying here. 


These candles, atop the toilet, originally had  Japanese charms hanging from the leather ties.  So I replaced them with metal scrapbook brads I had.

Some tips I learned from HGTV.  When stripping wallpaper mix hot water and fabric softener, instead of wall paper remover.  Works awesome and smells really good.  I used the High Def Valspar paint.  Although it's a little more expensive, it was awesome.  You don't have to prime and only 1 coat needed.  I figured by the time I bought primer and paint, the cost evens out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Family is my life. I'm a stay at home mom to Hannah, and wife to a wonderful Naval Aviator.