Thursday, August 11, 2011

Decorating Project List

I know, I know I said I was taking a break from blogging. It's just that I'm getting antsy for a project. Hannah is starting to get back to a bedtime routine, which leaves me with a couple hours in the evening. Surfing around pinterest, (check out my pinterest at http://pinterest.com/hmartinez714/my-style-pinboard/ to see what I've been collecting) looking at all the pretty rooms only stirs my own decorating ideas. So here's my current idea list:
Dining room: -Bold rug. Considering Zebra. Call me crazy, but I think it'd add a flare of glam that I've been seeking in there. -Find a print/artwork for empty gold frame. -DIY lampshade light fixture on fan. (Can easily be changed back when we leave.)
Living room: -Chair makeover. Tossing around a couple ideas in my head. -Possibly paint sofa console white, if I paint chair white. Debating. -Hang a giant canvas over right wall, in place of candle holder. -Change out fireplace art. Thinking a starburst or antique mirror.
Breakfast nook: -Spray paint frame white. Frame wedding cake picture. -Chair cushions. -2 Barstools. Thinking metal to add some balance to the wood table.
Kitchen: -Photoshop artwork for 3 white frames. Frame chalkboards. Or a combination of both. -Some day buy a blue Kitchen Aid mixer (Wish List) -Green/blue rug
Entry: -Light fixture.
Hannah's room: -Paint over bird canvas with Alphabet and H is for Hannah - Make zoo cage (inspired by pinterest) for stuffed animals -Organize top of closet. Need a new keepsake box. -Possibly dye curtains pink.
Master: -Upholster bench -Reupholster vanity bench -Add molding to bookshelf. Spray paint bookshelf. -Possibly paint wall with bed a rich blue of some sorts.
Masterbath: -Add color to back of open shelf. Either with fabric or paint. -Trim mirrors with molding. Paint molding antique silver. -Organize top of closet with pretty keepsake boxes.
Some of these things I have planned all along, but took a decorating break to enjoy the summer. Others I've added to the list while living in the house as it is now. I'm certainly not in a rush to tackle them all, but like having a checklist.

1 comment:

  1. You're too cute! I think it all sounds great, but I can't even imagine where you come up with the fantastic ideas. Not something I could ever have to imagination or mental application. Not to mention the finances... so that helps keep me out of trouble ;)! Hope you come back permanently!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

Family is my life. I'm a stay at home mom to Hannah, and wife to a wonderful Naval Aviator.