Friday, June 3, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

The days are flying by and summer is upon us. Sergio is very busy at work. He worked over the weekend again but we managed to squeeze in a date night and some family time.
Friday, as I was walking out the door to make some returns Serg called. My mom offered to watch Hannah while we did my returns and had some time alone. After making returns we grabbed some Mexican takeout and had dinner on the beach.
Throughout the weekend we had barbecues at my Mom's house. My brother, Josh, drove down for the weekend. My brother, Chris, and sister-in-law, Ayra, came down Sunday night. I just love being back home near my family again.
We started Sunday bright and early at the beach. For the longest time Sergio has wanted to surf. I promised him he could get a surf board if we moved to San Diego. As an early Father's Day gift Hannah and I gave him a board. Well it went more like this...Sergio calls to tell me he's stopping to buy something on his way home. Not paying attention I say okay. Less than an hour later he walks in with a surfboard. Oops, should have paid better attention. I tell him, "We were going to surprise you for Father's Day with a surf board."
Sergio asks, "Oh...you were? Did you know what to buy"?
"No, but that's your Father's Day gift now."
I don't know anything about surfing, but I know the water can be dangerous so I made Sergio take a lesson. It was my one condition that was not negotiable. So Sunday morning Sergio had his lesson while Hannah and I played in the sand.
Monday we went kayaking at a lagoon. I don't have any photos since we didn't bring a camera for fear of water damage. None the less it was fun to finally have all 3 of us kayaking. Sergio and I kayaked in Florida, and have been looking forward to Hannah being old enough so we could go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Family is my life. I'm a stay at home mom to Hannah, and wife to a wonderful Naval Aviator.