Monday, May 23, 2011

Hannah's Big Girl Room

Tour the first room done. The tricky part to this room was combining Hannah's nursery and playroom. When I bought items for her playroom in Virginia I made sure to match them to her room for this very reason. The hard part was using the space wisely. Luckily she has a large room, and good size closet.
Upon entering Hannah's room...
I bought this frog white board from Target for only a dollar. When we travel by plane I make grab bags from the $1 sections or stores to keep Hannah busy. Last summer I bought the board as one of the grab bag items. When she gets older she can write her own messages, except "Keep Out", on her door.
A bed fit for a princess (or queen). We never planned on giving Hannah a queen bed. Her crib converts from a crib to a toddler bed, than to a full. Our plan was once she and future baby #2 had out grown the toddler bed we'd use the full size headboard for our guest bed. If we have another girl they will share a room with matching twins. If we have a boy they will share in this house. Once we move he'd no longer need a crib and will have a twin in a room of his own. Since our home is only 2 bedrooms we no longer have a guest room so it's more cost effective for now to just give it to Hannah. We'll have to get a twin if we have another baby while we live here to make room for a crib. I do have one small detail left to do. The 3 flowers on the canvas above her bed are purple. I need to paint them hot pink to match the room.
As for the decor if we have a boy while we live here...well I'll have to work my decorating magic.
Here's a close up of Hannah's bedding patterns. I found the collection at Home Goods. The ballerina outfit was made by my mom. Hannah wore the tutu for her baby announcement picture. I've always hung the tutu with her curtains. Below are some new and old. When we first went shopping for her nursery Daddy picked out the "Cowgirl" sign. It used to be on her night stand with the 3 bears and her lamp. Now their new home is on her bookshelf. Her new doll house, a birthday gift from Grandma and Grandpa, is displayed on her night stand instead. The bottom of her nightstand has a shelf for her Bible, favorite bedtime book, and a piggy bank Uncle Josh bought her.
The bulk of her playroom is now in her closet. Organized and easy to hide away.
She no longer has a changing pad so I combined frames from her nursery and playroom to display on her dresser. The piggy bank was mine when I was a child. My parents bought Hannah the Snow White music box on her 1st trip to Disneyland. The perfect souvenir since we dressed her as Snow White that day.
I do need to put a picture in the frame on the left and remove the price tag...make that the second last detail I need to do.
When I bought a chair cushion for her nursery rocking chair, it came in a set of two. I was able to use them both to add seating to her toy box. We scored the toy box a year ago from Salvation Army. Love a deal.
The hardest part of unpacking her room was repacking her crib bedding. The dust ruffle I made and the pink pinstriped sheets I so lovingly picked out to match her bumper. Her crib blanket remains at the foot of her bed. Maybe some day we will have another little girl we can use the set for.

2 comments:

  1. The room looks beautiful! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks AMAZING!!! Like it's straight out of a catalogue!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

Family is my life. I'm a stay at home mom to Hannah, and wife to a wonderful Naval Aviator.