Sunday, August 22, 2010

Crayons

The past couple weeks Hannah has been carrying around a book and wood rolling pin, pretending to write.  She looks like a little reporter jotting down observations.  We're not sure where she learned this from.  Yes we do write notes, and make to-do lists.  But while doing that we're not walking about the house, stopping looking at things while contemplating.  So I decided to buy her a box of crayons at Target yesterday that she could use with a note pad.  I placed her on the office floor with a box of 24 crayons and a piece of paper while Sergio and I were working on the computer.  I expected to see the crayons all over.  When she started walking around with one, I decided to pick up the others.  Well, when I looked over to where I had placed her, there were only 5 crayons in sight, and the one she was walking about with.  So then I went all over the house trying to find the other 18.  When I could not find a single one, the daunting thought of having to look behind couch cushions, under furniture, and in every hidden corner passed my mind.  I instantly regretted this whole crayons idea.  Hannah surprised me.  About an hour later, when I went in the kitchen for dinner time, I found her little beach bucket sitting on the kitchen floor with 18 crayons in it.  Instantly I smiled and my heart melted.  I could only think and wonder how the wheels were working in her mind.  She's quite the little organizer already.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Family is my life. I'm a stay at home mom to Hannah, and wife to a wonderful Naval Aviator.